- We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and that God gave the words of Scripture by inspiration without error in the original autographs. God promises that He will preserve His Word: Jesus said, “My words shall not pass away”—Matt. 24:35. We believe God has kept that promise by preserving His infallible Word in the traditional Hebrew and Greek manuscripts and that the Authorized Version (KJV) is an accurate English translation of the preserved Word of God.
- We believe there is one triune God, eternally existent in the Persons of Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit; these Three are One in essence, but distinct in Person and function.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, became the physical manifestation of the Godhead to mankind. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood and His bodily resurrection.
- We affirm that the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity, the Agent of conviction, regeneration, indwelling, baptism, sanctification, and illumination of all who are born into God’s family through Jesus Christ. We are opposed to the charismatic movement and its tongues and other sign manifestations.
- We believe that God created the universe in six literal days and that man was created in the image of God but chose to sin. Hence, all persons inherit a depraved nature and are lost sinners in need of salvation.
- We believe that salvation is a free gift of God for “whosoever will”; it is by grace, through faith, plus nothing, and believers are eternally secure. Salvation is received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work. “Whosoever will” may come to Christ; God does not preelect persons to heaven or hell.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life in heaven and those who are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation in a literal lake of fire.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the body of Christ and that God has ordained the local church for the perpetuation of His truth and work in the world. The two ordinances of the local church are baptism by immersion and a regular observance of the Lord’s Supper by believers.
- We believe in the imminent, pre-Tribulation return of Jesus Christ for all believers. This Rapture of the saints will be followed by a seven year period of Tribulation, after which Christ will return in glory to judge the world and set up His millennial reign on earth.
The information above is a brief Statement of Faith from our church. If you would like a copy of our church covenant/constitution you can do so by clicking below.